Friday 6 March 2015

Secret Garden

So it's not really secret... but it is a garden.
My favorite garden.
My grandparent's garden where I spent all my childhood summers.
My secret little spot where I used to play pretend, and house and tag.
The best part? 
You would never go hungry.

Berries.





Peas.




Potatoes.


A cat and some chickens.





Carrots.





Cherries.



Grapes.


Corn.


Plums.


Flowers.



Not pictured:
Beets, lettuce, gooseberries, green onion, strawberries, dill, parsey, garlic, apples, pears...

All home grown, planted and cared for with love, and harvested at just the right time.

It's so much work to have a garden like this...
I used a scythe to help grandpa cut all grass this year.
Think I'm joking?


But it's so worth having fresh fruits and veggies litterally an arms reach away.

No comments:

Post a Comment