Tuesday 11 June 2013

Lego my LEGOs

The Art Science Museum had an exhibit on recently called The Art of the Brick.
The architechture of this museum I adore. It's shaped to resemble Buddha's hand.


Artist Nathan Sawaya uses LEGOs exclusively to create masterpieces, mainly I think that exude some sort of internal struggle, personal metamorphosis, or just to challenge what these little bricks have been used for before.
The exhibit seems to be popular worldwide, but it wasn't as personal for me to see these pieces. Some were thought provoking, some interesting, and a few that I just wasn't sure what were doing there.
I definitely think these are sculptures you should see with someone, sit down next to one with a cup of tea and ask the other person what each means to them.
I believe you can learn a lot about a person based on how they react to art.






















 This was the most fun sculpture in my opinion. A life-size replica of a T-Rex made of LEGOs!




There were a lot more pieces there, but these were some of my favorite ones. What's your favorite piece?

No comments:

Post a Comment