Saturday 27 April 2013

#105: Learn to Play Chess


I feel every child starting at age 5 should be taught to play chess. I was not, but I have always wanted to learn.
It's an incredible way of keeping your mind young, to learn strategy, to think ahead, to gauge opponents strengths  and weaknesses, to see things in a new light, the list goes on! I put it on my bucketlist and have finally learned to play.
I learned on an old wooden chess set (how romantic!) but now play on my iPad to continue learning. Chris taught me and I'm determined to one day beat him 2 times in a row; that is when I will consider myself able to play chess well.


I also really enjoy coloring and doing Sudoku to keep my mind fresh. Anything you guys do to keep yourself sharp that I can add to my repertoire?

No comments:

Post a Comment