Tuesday 26 March 2013

Kuala Lumpur, Part I

This past weekend Chris and I took a trip to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia!
I learned that apparently a lot of people think Malaysia is in Africa, it's not. Malaysia directly borders Singapore and is in Southeast Asia.
Since it's not the safest of countries I didn't bring my camera along to a few places however I did manage to snap a few quick things on my phone so I apologize for the shoddy quality of some photos.
While in KL we decided to couchsurf and our host U-Chen was better than we could have asked for. (I'll write a post on CouchSurfing as some point as well if anyone is interested in learning more about traveling the world for free?)

We explored different areas on KL including hilltop lookout points,





a hidden waterfall where families gathered,


a city bazaar






which was surrounded by some of the oldest architecture in the area,





and went to Jalan Alor at 4:30am after a night out on the town with another new friend Q, a street food area open 24/7 where you can buy a full meal, drink included for USD$4.

  

We also cooked up a meal at home, some Ukrainian nalusnuku (recipe to come), as a thank you to U-Chen.



with a traditional dessert to end the night.


More to come from this vibrant, exciting city!

No comments:

Post a Comment