Friday 27 February 2015

Kayaking

I'm pretty sure I've said this before but I'll say it again, my family is extremely active.
One thing I've always really loved to do it go kayaking.
My dad is pretty darn good (he competed for the Ukrainian team) so being out on the water with him is awesome.


If you know anything about kayaking, you'll notice this is no ordinary kayak.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is a racing kayak.
Much, much harder to use than a normal" kayak.





So much harder actually that I was only able to do any kayaking for maybe 5 whole minutes.
The rest of time was spent in the water, rescuing the paddle.

My dad is a whole lot better than any of us were.



This is really hard work.

And what goes really, really well with kayaking? 
Shishkabobs.
And naps.
And a little bit of volleyball.





The kayak was retired for the day and we all sat on the shore, shishkabob in hand enjoying nature for a while.




Writing about all the things I did this summer really makes me miss it.

I'm currecntly in Pennsylvania, experiencing probably the coldest winter in decades, so thoughts and reminiscing of summer couldn't be more welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment